Sunday, March 14, 2010

absence


The space between my bed and my wall should be filled with you playing your guitar.
And I'm more than aware (and just a little bit scared)
That you're leaving soon, but I don't know where to.

Do you lay awake thinking of me while the clock ticks its measurable sound?
And I'm promising you that your heart will be safe
If I hold onto it while you're gone.

These spaces between my fingers are meant for yours, so hold on tight.
And I'm completely willing to say "I will"
But don't let go.
Don't let go

3 comments:

  1. These are some wonderful words.

    Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a comment before but I don't know where it went.

    Basically it said - These are lovely words. You are the best.

    :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh thank you dear! :) first time I've written something like this in a long while so it's nice to hear some feedback :D

    ReplyDelete