Thursday, February 11, 2010

there, there mom


Dear Mom,
I know what you are dealing with. I see it, I hear it. I feel it. I feel everything you feel because you are not only my mother, you are also my best friend. You have always been a brave girl. You have always been a strong girl. Right now, I know you're falling apart. But I need to you to know that the world is a beautiful place. You will see it once the fog clears. And when you can't hang on anymore, when you can't keep it together, I will be there holding on for you. I will be your strength when yours runs out. I will be your love, your compassion, your raft. I would be lying if I said it was easy, but Mom, one of the things you told me is that life isn't easy. You just have to keep pushing through. You have to keep swimming. One day, you are going to look up from your feet and realize that the sun is there to light up your life.
This is us. This is going to be okay one day. Just don't lose sight of what matters the most. Don't forget you are doing the right thing. And never forget that I am here for you. Never forget that I love you. You just need to keep your head above. Swim.
Love always, all ways,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment