Tuesday, February 2, 2010

elie saab

As few of you know, I like fashion. A lot. As in, quite a lot. One of my very favourite designers is Elie Saab. No, it's not a woman. It is a man. And he is fabulous. So when I had the opportunity to look through his Spring/Summer 2010 collection instead of paying attention in my Modern Architecture class, I took it.
First of all what caught my attention was the colours. Pastel. Everywhere. Lots of nude and beige as well. These colours are wholeheartedly achieved through the use of layering of thin chiffon-like fabric so the colours are more intense in certain spots than others. There is also a lot of beading going on -- not sure what I feel about that, but it looked gorgeous on Saab's down-to-the-floor gowns.
High slits, one-shouldered dresses, and sweetheart necklines are very in. Either arms or legs are shown, rarely both at the same time. My favourite was a more modern spin on a 60's-looking dress, shortened.
Behold.
Elie Saab.

No comments:

Post a Comment