Monday, January 18, 2010

snowflakes and eyelashes


So many blogs are not simply 'blogs'. They are our emotions, our trials and tribulations, our everyday life. They are things we want to say but often cannot due to the fear of judgement. The unfortunate thing about being open enough to write these things on the infinite gateway we like to call the Internet is that there is the very real possibility of offending others.
A saying I have always stood by at all points in my life has been this: Never apologize for your emotions. Never apologize for how you feel. Your emotions, in that exact moment that you feel them, let them in, or let them out, are what make you real. They give other people a fair amount of insight to the person you really are and the person you may become. They can even tell you what a person has been through and seen in their life. Emotions are powerful bits of personality that shine through, sometimes at very inopportune moments, which make us who we are. They don't define us, but rather they help us establish ourselves.
This blog will be real. These emotions will be real. I am not looking for hundreds of readers (in fact, I am not looking for readers at all). I am looking for a place to put down my emotions and therefore, my personality. As I always say, if you don't like it, don't read it. But I hope you do, and I hope at least one tiny bit of what I write speaks to you in some sort of way. If that happens, my job is done.
This is as unique as Snowflakes on Eyelashes.
Welcome.

2 comments: