Friday, January 22, 2010

arguing, and deja entendu

I hate arguing almost more than anything in the whole world. I truly wish that we could all just live together fairly and lovingly. Yeah, I know what you're thinking; keep dreaming, SV. But really, how great would a fair world be? No one would cheat or scam or steal.
Maybe some people are used to being bitches, but I'm not. I take pride in the fact that I've worked so hard in my life to be a fair, kind, nice and forgiving person. Fighting is not worth the consequences to me and quite honestly, unless it's in a courtroom, political house, or a friendly debate, arguing is so redundant. It's juvenile, in my opinion. Some people see it as sport, others see it as stupidity. I am the latter.
If you are really as smart as you want to prove yourself to be through the method of arguments, I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out a different way to express that intelligence.
Play nice, kids.

On a completely unrelated note, I found this picture a few minutes ago and it inspired me to blog in order to post it. Deja Entendu, my favourite album by Brand New, is the most inspirational and emotional album I have ever had the great privilege of listening to. I recently saw Brand New live for the first time and was completely blown away. It was the most emotion-filled concert I have experienced ever, hands down. Jesse Lacey is one of the most talented lyricists I know.
This picture just made me so excited when I saw it because for over a year now, I have been contemplating getting a tattoo of Brand New lyrics. I had my heart set on a slight variation of some, "I am calm and reposed/Let your beauty unfold". However, the places I wanted them (my wrists) may not be the best area to get this done on.
The tattoo in this picture though encompasses so much of my love for Brand New. It has made me rethink my lyrics and want to maybe go with the album's title.
Deja Entendu = Already Heard.


No comments:

Post a Comment